Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Coconut Caramel Cake

This recipe is from Jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com and it is so so good.  My cake did fall in the center, so I guess I need to adjust the flour somehow.  We are it right out of the oven with some vanilla ice cream.

Cake:

4 eggs
2 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 c. milk
1/4 c. butter (I used margarine cause it's all I had and it was fine)

Frosting:

1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. half and half
2 c. flaked coconut

Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 4 minutes.  In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Add it to the egg mixture and mix just until combined.  In a sauce pan bring the milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly.  Pour it into your batter and beat until well combined.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.  While the cake bakes mix all frosting ingredients together.  When cake is done remove it from the oven and turn the oven to broil.  Pour the frosting over the top of warm cake and spread it around carefully.  Return cake to the oven and let the frosting become browned, but be careful not to burn.  It only takes a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment